NDIT Business Facade Improvement Program Approved for 2017
January 21, 2017
BUSINESS FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
The Northern Development Initiative Trust, Business Façade Improvement program provides annual grant funding for municipalities and regional districts located within the Cariboo-Chilcotin/Lillooet region. Total annual funding of $20,000 is available to each municipality and regional district to enhance economic development by encouraging private sector investment in businesses façade improvements.
In 2014, 2015 & 2016 the District of Lillooet successfully distributed $55,000 of NDIT Business Facade funding to local businesses.
Features and benefits of the program
The Program & CHANGES
- Enhanced economic viability and vibrancy of northern and central B.C. communities by supporting visual improvements such as facades, signage, murals, architectural features, siding, lighting and awnings.
- Private sector investment in local business improvement.
- Increased assessed values and tax base as a result of improved properties.
- Attractiveness of community to enhance community pride as well as tourism experience.
- Improved community appearance to support recruitment of new businesses and/or residents.
- The DISTRICT OF LILLOOET will provide a maximum of 50% reimbursement grant up to a maximum of up to $5,000 per building/ project to improve the facades of commercial buildings.
- Each building/business is eligible for a one time grant only.
- Projects must have a minimum total cost of $1,000
- Not for profit organizations (building tenants) are eligible to apply to the program!
- Home base businesses, located in your community’s specified area, may apply for way-finding signage (sign located on the business property i.e. bottom of driveway, directing customers to the business). Signs are eligible for 50% to a maximum of $500 and must adhere to signage bylaws!
|All Main Street Commercial properties starting at the 100 block and Community Gateway properties (as described in the OCP Map page 112) and side street streets off Main street in the business core are eligible.
The District of Lillooet applied for and received this NDIT funding for Lillooet Businesses. The District is accepting applications as of January 20, 2017. First round of applications will be reviewed February 3, 2017. Grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis, and evaluated on ranked criteria (as per the application document) by a Project Review Committee consisting of: one council member, one staff member and one Chamber of Commerce member.
Information packages are now available on the District of Lillooet Website.
New! Approved Projects must be completed by September 2017.
Funding cannot carryover from one calendar year to the next.
NEW! Deadline for applications: March 31, 2017