Property Taxes & Utilities

Important Contacts

Questions? Contact the Lillooet Department of Finance.

Phone: 250-256-4289

Lillooet City Hall
615 Main Street
P.O. Box 610
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
Phone: 250-256-4289
Fax: 250-256-4288

The Property Tax Due Date is 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 4, 2017.  Late Payments will receive a 10% penalty on any outstanding balance - including any unclaimed Provincial Home Owner Grant.  Post Marks are not accepted.

Utility fees are billed seperately from property taxes. Utility Notices were mailed at the end of March and are due on June 5, 2017. Any outstanding utility fees as of December 31 will transfer to property taxes in arrears and will accrue daily interest charges.


Ways to Pay Your Property Taxes

Pay by Mail

Consider mailing a post-dated cheque for the due date. Make the cheque payable to the District of Lillooet and mail it to: Box 610, Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0. Don’t forget to claim your Home Owner’s Grant if applicable.


Pay in Person

Bring your payment and your Home Owner Grant if applicable, to the Municipal Hall at 615 Main Street.

Address Changes

If you have moved or your mailing address has changed, please contact the municipal hall with your new address information as soon as possible. You can call, write, or email us with the information. Prompt notification of address changes will ensure that important notices will get to you without delay.

Tax Certificates

Our Tax Certificates are conveniently available online through:

  • myLTSA Enterprise:  If you have an account, log in and from the main menu, select Service Providers and Order Tax Certificates. For more information about myLTSA or to become a customer, visit
  • APIC: If you prefer to pay for the tax certificate by credit card, please visit to open an account and order your Tax Certificate.

Provincial Homeowner Grant

Residential property owners who occupy their homes as a principal residence, may be entitled to a Home Owner's Grant of up to $770 for applicants under 65 years of age, and up to $1045 for those over age 65 or those that meet certain other criteria.

Homeowner grant forms are attached to your annual tax notice. If you are eligible, please fill out and sign the grant application, and turn it in to the municipal hall. This application must be completed each and every year that you are eligible.

Pre-Payment of Property Taxes & Utilities

Pre-authorized payment is an assured method of paying your taxes and or utilities in advance. Simple interest will be paid on your balance at the CIBC prime rate less 3%. The interest is presently considered a tax discount by Revenue Canada and is tax free to those property owners on the Prepayment Plan.

When you join the Prepayment Plan, your monthly installment will be automatically deducted from your bank account from August to May of each year until you cancel your participation in the Plan.


BC Property Tax Deferment Program

The Province of BC has three property tax assistance programs that allow you to defer your annual property taxes on your home if you meet certain criteria as per the following Property Tax Deferment programs:

  • 55 and older, surviving spouse, Person with Disability
  • Financial Hardship
  • Families with Children
  • For detailed information, visit the BC Government Property Tax Deferment Program page.

Contact the Deputy Director of Finance at the Municipal Hall for more information or an application form.

Telephone: 250-256-4289 or