Lillooet boasts one of the most awe-inspiring landscapes found anywhere in Canada. Lillooet is situated at an elevation of approximately 250 m. and is surrounded by the peaks of the eastern ranges of the Coast Mountains; Mt. Brew is the tallest mountain adjacent to town which rises to 2891 m. - That's a staggering elevation change of over 2600 m! Our area offers exceptional, world class outdoor experiences, without having to fight the crowds found in Whistler or Banff.
Nestled within our rugged ranges are pristine lakes, perfect for swimming, boating and (of course) fishing. Our local rivers offer fantastic paddling and jet boating opportunities. But that is only the beginning, our area has something for everyone ranging from serene to extreme:
- mountaineering (including ice climbing and rock climbing);
- cycling: mountain biking and road biking;
- exhilarating driving routes;
- relaxing picnic areas;
- scuba diving (Pavilion Lake)
- and some of the best opportunities for viewing wildlife and birds in all of British Columbia!
Find out more about a few of the ways to take advantage of the Lillooet outdoors below.